The Start of Something Sweet
I'm not sure exactly how old I was but I know it all started with a chocolate chip cookie. It was the first thing I ever made from scratch. I got the recipe from the back of a Nestle Tollhouse Morsels bag and successfully baked what I believed was a batch of "Sweet Heaven." This was my beginning to my passion for baking!
Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply classic sweets that warm my heart! I love the buttery, gooey goodness! I thought what better way to start my blog but with the classic cookie that started my passion for baking.
Let's bake up a batch!
You will need the following ingredients:
1. Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a mixer, beat butter, sugars (granulated and brown) and vanilla until creamy.
3. Add eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients just until mixture is combined, do not over mix.
5. Stir in morsels.
6. Drop dough on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
7. Bake 9 - 11 minutes, turning the baking sheet halfway through the baking time.
8. Let cookies sit on pan for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.