Lemon Love 💛
When life gives you lemons...bake something Sweet!
Spring means lemons!!! This is the time of the year that my taste buds yearn for this light, citrusy fruit. Ever since a friend of mine mention lemon ricotta cookies, I have been obsessed with making these zesty treats. These cookies scream Spring and are simple to make.
Here is what you need:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 lemons, zest the lemons
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 container of whole milk ricotta cheese (15 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest the lemon
For the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Mix with your fingertips until the sugar is fragrant. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the large bowl combine the butter and lemon sugar. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until they are fully incorporated.
- Add the ricotta cheese, lemon extract and lemon juice and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the dough (about 2 tablespoons for each cookie) onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 20 minutes.
- Once all the cookies are cool, prepare the lemon glaze.
For the Glaze:
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
- Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze.
- Place cookies on a wire baking rack or wax paper and allow the glaze to harden before serving.
Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram if you make these cookies @sweetpossibilities2016